Medline MSC2066EP - Optifoam Gentle Silicone Bordered Foam Wound Dressing, 4.5" x 4.5" Pad with Adhesive Border, 10 per Box
Dressing changes can be uncomfortable for the patient and traumatic to the skin. Traditional dressings with paper tape can be difficult to remove from a patient’s skin without causing pain or trauma. They often fall off due to inadequate adhesion or they may not be able to absorb all of the wound fluid that is being produced.
Optifoam Gentle Foam Dressings with Silicone Adhesive Border ease the pain and trauma of dressing changes. They feature specially formulated silicone adhesive that keeps the dressings in place, while allowing you to reposition and remove the dressings and minimize harm to the periwound skin. The silicone borders also feature low-profile edges for increased conformability.
- Highly conformable silicone border provides gentle adhesion and can be lifted and reapplied
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) adjusts to fluid level to increase breathability
- Low friction and shear outer layer
- Indications: partial and full-thickness wounds with drainage
- Contraindications: third-degree burns and lesions with active vasculitis