Medline MSC2144EP - Optifoam Gentle SA Silicone Coated Foam Wound Dressing, 2.5" x 2.5" Pad with Adhesive Border, 10 per Box
Dressing changes can be uncomfortable for the patient and traumatic to the skin. Traditional dressings with paper tape can be difficult to remove from a patient’s skin without causing pain or trauma. They also often fall off due to inadequate adhesion or they may not be able to absorb all of the wound fluid that is being produced.
Optifoam Gentle SA Silicone-Faced Foam Dressings ease the pain and trauma of dressing changes. They feature specially formulated silicone adhesive that keeps the dressings in place, while allowing patients to reposition and remove the dressings and minimize harm to the periwound skin.
- 5 unique layers with a superabsorbent core that absorbs exudate, converts it into a gel, and locks it away
- Highly conformable foam dressing with gentle silicone adhesive that can be lifted up and reapplied
- Comfort and flexibility with a low-profile design and a moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) that adjusts to the level of fluid and improves breathability
- Design helps to collectively displace pressure when used with a pressure injury prevention protocol
- Indications: partial and full-thickness wounds; contraindications: third-degree burns